Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2008

sporadic spurts and the whole US economic hullaballoo

Yes, she sporadically updates her blog. But she makes a fine journalist.

Thanks to Katie for her blog award for me. Please do visit her website at http://katecancio.blogspot.com/.

How's that for a plug? :0p

*****
Okay, I admit I can be an apolitical mademoiselle at times. Sure, I love to hear and sometimes participate in discussions on Philippine politics and tradpols, especially when it's my brother-in-law giving me a rundown of the latest on the who's who here in RP. But I don't know. I'm just not that interested in analyzing the pros and cons of electing so and so, and forging alliances with such and such party. So, being the apolitical that I am, I rarely catch the newscast at night (as I'd rather listen to Ed Lapiz around the same time the news is being broadcast).

And so I was probably one of the last to react about this whole US economic thing. Everyone's talking about it in the office, except clueless me who'd rather plug in my earphones and bury my head in the pile of paperwork on my desk. Lehman Brothers, AIG, Merrill Lynch ---- I seriously thought they're a new bunch of singers out to take over the Billboard 100. My, I don't even know a thing about Wall Street, Fannie Mae, or Freddie Mac. I supposedly did well in my high school and college Econ classes, but these days I can't even remember how mortgage works, much more give the repercussions of going through a federal bailout. All these Econ mumbo jumbo I hear from officemates and read about in the papers suddenly sound like Russian to my ears. I get a headache out of trying to get my mom, sister or eldest brother explain to me the implications of the recent economic hullaballoo in the USA (and they're too impatient to explain the details to me too! hehehe).
Sigh.

Then it dawned on me yesterday.

Given all that's happening now, is this good bye to my dreams of going to America?  :-(

1 comment: