Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Summer Surprise from God

God has a wonderful way of answering our prayers.  I firmly believe in that because I can't get enough of experiencing God's awesome and mighty ways of surprising me with blessings beyond my wildest expectations.

Early this year, I was already preparing for another trip to Sablayan, Mindoro.   I thought I'd pack my bags come holy week and join my bubbly church friends to DJ Beach Besort and Pandan Island, where we spent seven full days last year enjoying crystal-clear blue waters and white sand beaches.  That part of Occidental Mindoro was quite raw and undiscovered, but it was very beautiful, and I wanted to relive my very good experiences in that part of our country.

However, our graduation was set for April 5, a Monday, and I couldn't definitely be absent from this affair, being the Chair of the Program Committee.  I couldn't take an earlier vacation leave either, because even as of this writing, our plans for the big day aren't yet final.  So I kissed all hopes of going out-of-town this year and resigned myself to the fact that I'll be waiting for another year to sunbathe and snorkel in Southern Luzon, or anywhere outside of Manila, as all of my friends are pushing through with their beach outings minus me.

But God had other plans.

One night I went home very tired and very stressed out. I was ready to plunk down on my bed and forego my dinner, when mom popped the question:  "Would you like to go with me to Boracay for the holy week?  Three days, two nights".  
Would I like?  But of course!  Who wouldn't refuse such an offer?

I forgot all about office bickerings, politics, and all the stresses that came with them, and sat down on my pc to scout for the available flights that would make our dream vacation true.  Cebu Pacific and PAL were already fully-booked, while others charged way too expensive for our budget.  Thankfully, we found early morning bookings with Zest Airways.  For about Php 3000++, we had our round-trip airfare deals sealed.  Yey!

So we got the airfare covered.  But what about the accomodations?  Well, this is one where I was totally floored by the goodness of God.  Wonder of wonders, we are going to stay at Fairways and Bluewater, a triple A resort in Newcoast, Boracay, just a stone's throw from Puka Beach and D'Mall at Station 1.  Fairways and Bluewater boasts of being the only resort with an exclusive cove and closely guarded, privately secured, perimetered white beach front.  It has a par 72, 18-hole golf course, an athletic field / beach soccer, and volleyball areas.  The resort owners proudly claim to have the largest fresh water swimming pool, and if that is not enough, it also has a horseback riding field and trails ---- talk about bringing Tagaytay to Aklan!  The place also has a chapel, a natural cave, an open-air amphitheatre and park, a spa (!), all terrain vehicle field (ATV), and a zipline!  Click here and here to read more about zipline, and why backpackers and tourists are raving about it. 

God just keeps raising the bar when it comes to surprising me.  Did you know that for all the first-class, triple A facilities I mentioned that we'd be enjoying in Bora, we paid a mere Php 4, 410 per night for the hotel?  We were given 40% discount on accomodation, and where on earth can you find a deal like that when it's supposed to be peak season? God is truly good and great!  I'm really just amazed at how He orchestrated everything for me to enjoy all these perks.

In six days, I'll finally be seeing the famed Bora sunset and feel the white powdery sand on my feet.  I am just so thankful to God for this pleasant, unexpected summer surprise.  It's far better what I have ever planned and conceived, and truly, when it comes to Him, I can only imagine!


Take me to paradise:  Did you know that in the native language of the Aklanon tribes, the word "bora" means cotton, in honor of the soft, powdery sands of the island?
I'd be glad to walk these shorelines!
It'll be nice to pray, meditate and read the Bible in a beautiful place like this!
I'd like to go island-hopping and have my picture taken in this place.
How's that for a view?
This magnificent sunset reminds me of God's pleasant surprise for me this summer.

All images were taken from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment