Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2009

My summer romance

I knew from first glance that it would be a budding romance, and I sure hope it blossoms into a regular date for me. As a matter of fact, if we'd see each other quarterly, I'd be more than willing to go through all the hassles.

I'm talking of Sablayan, Occidental Mindoro, of course, and I just can't get enough of it!

Officially, I filed for a leave of absence for April 7 and 8, but I was already on the road to my blissful and relaxing vacation last April 4. Together with some CCF friends, we drove to Batangas pier a little past 9 in the evening, boarded the roro, then drove some more miles before we reached our first resort, DJ Beach Resort. Then, from April 7 to 9, we stayed at Pandan Island, then went back to DJ before heading home on the 11th. Think fresh fish; fruits; veggies; clean air; white, powder-like sand; blue-green water; and abundant, exotic marine life, and tell me who won't fall for a place like that --- and all for php 6,000!!!!??????!!!!

I have probably 8-GB's worth of pictures and videos, and it's hard to cram all into one blog entry, so let me just share some visual keepsakes from my Southern Luzon la mierda:


Posing for this one wasn't easy. I was scared of getting out of balance and tripping, and bruising myself in the process. It's a good thing Lekoy quickly took this pic to put me at ease. Whew!

Clean, clean water kissing the sands...


I promised myself I'd go snorkeling someday. I fulfilled that wish last April 6, 2009.
Maybe I'd go scuba diving someday. I can't wait to check that in my list as 'already accomplished'.

Artistic rendition from Lekoy again

serene sunset as seen from DJ Beach Resort

How'd you like to go kayaking?

Mid-morning at DJ Beach Resort. The water is really as calm as it looks.

Beautiful, beautiful Pandan Island resort. Truly an amazing paradise!

Pandan Island from the rocky portions of the beach...

Hello, babies

Underwater shot of a star fish. Isn't it lovely?

Fishes coming out from the corals...

That's me at around 10ft deep already... no life vest ha!

at the Wild Lagoon

It's fishy here!!! Check out more schools of fish!

Er... Marimar, is that you?

Jules told me that he shot this pic to show how blue the water was...

The divers are raring to go...

That was me (in pink) --- snorkeling for the first time with Jo.

at the Libuao Lake

a shot of the entrance to the Libuao Lake

the Spanish nose

Er....overweight mermaid washed ashore?

I just love, love this shot by Jo. Candid 'yan, mind you! Tinawag nya lang ako, at paglingon ko, hayun, kinunan na pala ako ng pic.

Exploring the Karung-kaban cave

another view of the lagoon

See how clear the waters are?

jumping at Pandan Island. See how white and powder-y the sands are

resting awhile at the DJ Beach Resort
a quiet morning at Pandan Island

at the Pandan rainforest...

relaxing at the hammock with Jo'
**********
I think I've been bitten by the travel bug, given that I've been talking about my Mindoro romance for more than a week now. After coming home, I just want to pack my things again and hop on to my next destination! But seriously, after Mindoro, I began to appreciate how wonderful our country really is, and how my heart just got disappointed that countries like Singapore, Hong Kong, or Thailand have more tourists every year, when in fact we have far better beaches, far more tourist spots, and far more hospitable people!
Call it crazy and even corny, but anyhow, my short vacation in Mindoro really inspires me to save money now so I could check out these wonderful destinations before I die:
1. Palawan - the nature sanctuary of the world, famous for its white sandy beaches, corals, mountains and rain forests. Friends have been raving about its natural wonders, and I would surely love to explore them as well.
2. Camiguin - a pear-shaped volcanic island famous for its water falls, hot springs and seven volcanoes. This must be quite an adventure!
3. Bohol - chocolate hills! After watching Muro Ami and hearing my brother's praises for Panglao, Chocolate Hills, tarsiers and other tourist spots and attractions in that province, I would surely love to add Bohol in my list of 'have visited places'.
4. Camarines Sur - a great place to go kayaking, or sunbathing, or cave-exploring. Oh, may be a side trip to Donsol would also do, so I could swim with the butanding!
Whew! Back to work na nga!

No comments:

Post a Comment