Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

One, two, three

Happy, happy 3rd birthday, Enrique Miguel! How time flies! One moment I was just staring at your cute, tiny face on the night you were born. Next thing I know you're already attending school...and being the son of your mischievous and playful father, you're now displaying the same naughty streak your dad was and still is known for.

How I wish I could just 'freeze' precious moments and not let you grow older so we can still enjoy your hugs, your kisses, our 'wrestling matches', our hide and seek games, and so much more. I love hearing it when you scream my name and see your eyes light up in excitement at the sight of me. I truly miss cradling you in my arms and watch you sleep soundly while all of us scramble to be there beside you at your every beck and call when you wake up. I delight in seeing you play pranks at all of us. It warms my heart when you giggle endlessly whenever daddy tickles you and makes you laugh. Or when Tito Ron raises you high above his head, seems to throw you but catches you and does it again.

In more ways than one, you are also my mini-me. We both love chicken, and we could survive just eating that for the whole week. We both have this penchant for doing a lot of things at the same time. We like to cuddle and hug a lot. We love singing songs while we're busy. And I can't wait to see how many more similarities exist between us.

If it were only possible, I wish I could replay the time when you were just a sleeping little angel. Oh, I can no longer keep pace with you when you run and wander around. Maybe someday when you're a little bit older, I would wish that you'd still let me kiss and hug you, and that you would be willing to drive the car with me as one of your passengers, even if you already have a girlfriend.

But you know what, little one? There's one thing we are all wishing for. And that is that you'll grow up to be a godly young man who's fully committed to the Lord. It's our prayer that even as the world seems to go from bad to worse, your parents could still raise up a warrior for God in you. We hope that you would continue the godly family line that your father and mother are painstakingly trying to start, and that you would eventually build up the house of our God. We pray that you would take good care of your baby sister, and be a very good role model to her as well. We pray that you would never bring grief to your mom, or dishonor to your dad.

Hay. Writing this already brings tears to my eyes.

Birthday boy: Our pogi birthday celebrant

Three guys and tita Isa

Ella Monique and Lola Chit

Yes. Love ko 'to

Happy family: Enrique Miguel, Daddy Eric, Mommy Charisse, and Ella Monique

a word from Daddy Eric

Our snobbish princess hehe :-)

Can't wait to see if there are chocolates in that package

Birthday boy gives away prizes after a parlor game

Does she really look like me, or Tita Arlene?

Is Ronald McDonald really part of this family? Hehe

Monique: "I'm scared of this big guy!!! Waaahhh"

Yummy cake

Flanked by the only women in his life aside of course from Lola Boots, Mommy Charisse and Tita Arlene (not in photo)

Cute banner

Birthday boy gives out more prizes to his friends

Mommy Charisse and Ella Monique


Birthday boy firmly holds his friend's hand in one of the games

Monique becomes more playful with kuya's classmate

No comments:

Post a Comment